Did you know that over 2,000,000 people die in the US from medical malpractice? The numbers are worrying, and a lot of victims don’t get compensation for their suffering. As per Florida laws, you are allowed to recover both economic and non-economic damages if you win a medical malpractice lawsuit, although there is a cap on the latter. Consult DDRB Lawyers to understand whether your claim is valid and what you can expect in compensation. Here is an overview of how you can find the right lawyer for your case.
- Start with experience. Not all personal injury lawyers take medical malpractice lawsuits, and only a handful can claim that they have adequate experience in the field. The approach and work involved in such claims and lawsuits tend to be complex, and you need to find a lawyer with credible experience. Consider buxic working with a law firm that has a bunch of medical malpractice lawyers because they can collaborate on your claim and work together to create a strong case.
- Ask if the lawyer has resources. When it comes to medical malpractice lawsuits, experts are often called for testimonies. For instance, your lawyer may need a known doctor to come and say that your injuries are severe and you require long-term medical care. Ask the attorney how often they take medical malpractice cases and if they have the resources that the case may need taylorsource.
- Discuss their trial experience. Because a considerable number of medical malpractice lawsuits are settled, only some lawyers can claim that they have represented clients in a full-on trial. While you would hope that the matter doesn’t end up in court as it would be an expensive alternative, ensure that your lawyer is capable of having an aggressive stance if required.
- Ask about their fee. Usually, most medical malpractice lawyers don’t charge an upfront fee. The fee of the attorney is a share of the settlement, which is called a contingency fee. While this may vary, you can expect an attorney to charge anywhere between 20% to 40% for their work. Also, do ask if you are required to pay for other expenses pertaining to the case.
- Check reviews. Rely on Google to find independent reviews of medical malpractice lawyers in Florida. You can also ask for references, but testimonials online will also come in handy naukri24pk.
Contact an attorney soon after you discover a case of medical malpractice.